Diversity and inclusion were at the heart of the Groupe’s top management priorities in 2020. With the widespread mobilization around the Black Lives Matter movement, a specific program was set up in the American agencies (see Section 18.104.22.168). Inspired by this model of action, other countries (United Kingdom, Latin America, France, etc.) have also addressed this issue in order to implement new actions, depending on each national context. The Groupe’s culture is based on the motto Viva la Difference, based on respect for each and every individual, both internally (the diversity of our employees) and externally (the diverse cultural contexts in which the teams work with our clients). This respect for difference is at the heart of the Company’s culture.
The Groupe’s Diversity, Equality & Inclusion policy sets out the main founding principles behind which local actions are aligned. The Groupe policy is regularly updated and communicated to employees who are involved in the actions implemented. They are also shared with clients with whom we may conduct joint initiatives.
Multi-year data trends are available on the Groupe website, in the CSR Smart data section of the CSR page.
% Women in the workforce(1)
% Female members of an agency Executive Committee(2)
% Women agency CEOs(3)
% Women Heads of creative teams(4)
% Women Heads of technology teams(5)
% Women Heads of data teams(6)
% Women Heads of Media teams(7)
% Women among key executives(8)
Total Publicis Groupe
Africa & Middle East
Description of the Groupe %:
(1) Breakdown of women by region.
(2) Agency Management Committees: calculated at agency or entity management level and by region.
(3) Agency CEOs: calculated at CEO level of each agency or entity and by region.
(4) Heads of Creative teams: calculated at the management level of creative teams of agencies or entities with this function, and by region.
(5) Heads of Technological teams: calculated at the management level of technological teams of agencies or entities with this function, and by region.
(6) Heads of Data teams: calculated at the management level of data teams of agencies or entities with this function, and by region.
(7) Heads of Media teams: calculated at the management level of Media teams of agencies or entities with this function, and by region.
(8) % Women among the key Groupe managers (Management Board + Management Committee + Country/Region Management Committees).
This consolidated indicator is applicable only at the Groupe level.
(1) Definition: the absenteeism rate is equal to the total number of lost days, for absences other than paid leave or maternity/paternity leave, divided by the number of business days in the year.